13：英検対策3級（Eiken Grade 3）
16: Eiken Grade 3 Vocabularies Lesson 16
Part 1: Vocabulary words
not easy to break, solid,
not easy to do, difficult
■Example: The EIKEN Grade 1 test is very hard.
2. just adverb [juhst]
only a moment ago
■Example: I arrived home just now.
3. often adverb [aw-fuhn, of-uhn; awf-tuhn, ]
repeatedly; many times
■Example: I often wear my hat in summer.
4. yet adverb [yet]
up till now, at a future time
■Example: It is still Tuesday; it is not Wednesday yet.
5. together adverb [tuh-geth-er]
with someone or something else; in company
■Example: I travelled to Mexico together with my friends.
6. ago adverb and adjective [uh-goh]
in the past, past
■Example: I went to Australia two years ago.
7. never adverb [nev-er]
at no time, not at all
■Example: I have never been to Paris.
8. wrong adjective [rawng, rong]
not true, not good, having a mistake, not correct
■Example: The student gave the wrong answer.
9. first noun [furst]
the beginning, number one in the ordinal numbers
■Example: The letter A is the first letter in the alphabet.
10. next [nekst]
Nearest in position, place or time
■Example: Number 2 is next to number 1.
Part 2: Exercise 1
Give the word being asked for each number.
____________________1. not easy to break, solid,
____________________2. not true, not good, having a mistake, not correct
____________________3. nearest in position, place or time
____________________4. repeatedly; many times
____________________5. at no time, not at all
____________________6. in the past, past
____________________7. with someone or something else; in company
____________________8. not true, not good, having a mistake, not correct
____________________9. up till now, at a future time
____________________10. only a moment ago
Part 2: Exercise 2
Choose the correct words to complete the sentences below.
1. The Mathematics test was very ___________ for the students. Most of them got low scores.
2. If we do the task ___________, it will be easier and faster.
3. My mother arrived home twenty minutes __________.
4. He received the highest score because he was the ___________ to answer the teacher’s question.
d. latest 5. We lost our way to the city. I think I took a _________ turn.