13：英検対策3級（Eiken Grade 3）
17: Eiken Grade 3 Vocabularies Lesson 17
Part 1: Vocabulary words
in addition; besides, too
■Example: He is studying English, but he is also studying Spanish.
2. again adverb [uh-gen, uh-geyn]
once more or another time
■Example: I never saw the shooting stars again.
3. around adverb [uh-round]
on all sides
■Example: There are lots of trees around the house.
4. before adverb [bih-fawr, -fohr]
earlier in time, in front, ahead
■Example: Please prepare your lesson before the start of the class.
5. tired adjective [tahyuhrd]
loss of energy, bored, used too much
■Example: I am very tired after working for ten hours.
6. useful adjective [yoos-fuhl]
having a beneficial use; being of use or service, helpful
■Example: The air conditioner is very useful every summer and winter.
7. warm adjective (wôrm) [wawrm]
having a comfortable and moderate degree of heat
■Example: It is warm during spring.
8. hungry adjective [huhng-gree]
Experiencing a desire or need for food.
■Example: I did not eat my breakfast so I am very hungry now.
9. difficult adjective [dif-i-kuhlt, -kuhlt]
hard to do, demanding some effort or skill
■Example: It is difficult for me to study the Chinese language.
10. fine adjective [fahyn]
superior quality, skill, or appearance
■Example: Shakespeare is a very fine writer.
Part 2: Exercise 1
Give the word being asked for each number.
____________________1. having a comfortable and moderate degree of heat
____________________2. in addition; besides, too
____________________3. hard to do, demanding some effort or skill
____________________4. earlier in time, in front, ahead
____________________5. experiencing a desire or need for food.
____________________6. on all sides
____________________7. superior quality, skill, or appearance
____________________8. having a beneficial use; being of use or service, helpful
____________________9. loss of energy, bored, used too much
____________________10. once more or another time
Part 2: Exercise 2
Choose the correct words to complete the sentences below.
1. They know the correct answer to the question and I know it ___________.
2. ________ you leave the room, please make sure you turn off the lights.
3. This book is not easy to understand because of the ____________ words used by the author.
4. The company is looking for a __________ photographer.
5. I hope disasters like the tsunami will never happen ___________.