13：英検対策3級（Eiken Grade 3）
18: Eiken Grade 3 Vocabularies Lesson 18
Part 1: Vocabulary words
most important; principal
■Example: The main office of our company is in Manila.
2. native adjective [ney-tiv]
the country where one was born
■Example: Japan is my native country.
3. another adjective [uh-nuhth-er]
one more; an additional
■Example: He ordered another bowl of noodles. He must be very hungry.
4. delicious adjective [dih-lish-uhs]
very good taste or smell, especially food
■Example: The food at this restaurant is very delicious.
5. foreign adjective [fawr-in, for-]
located away from one's native or own country
■Example: It is so challenging to be in a foreign land.
6. important adjective [im-pawr-tnt]
having great value, influence or effect
■Example: Learning the English language is important for my future job.
7. glad adjective [glad]
Experiencing or exhibiting joy and pleasure, happy
■Example: His family was so glad to see him after 10 years of being away from home.
8. same adjective [seym]
identical, similar in kind, quality, quantity, or degree
■Example: By coincidence, they both had the same dress on during the party.
9. nearly adverb [neer-lee]
almost but not quite
■Example: The shirt nearly fits me.
10. sometime adverb [suhm-tahym]
at some unspecified point of time; at some point in the future
■Example: I will see you sometime tomorrow morning.
Part 2: Exercise 1
Give the word being asked for each number.
____________________1. experiencing or exhibiting joy and pleasure, happy
____________________2. one more; an additional
____________________3. located away from one's native or own country
____________________4. at some unspecified point of time; at some point in the future
____________________5. identical, similar in kind, quality, quantity, or degree.
____________________6. very good taste or smell, especially food
____________________7. the country where one was born
____________________8. almost but not quite
____________________9. having great value, influence or effect
____________________10. most important; principal
Part 2: Exercise 2
Choose the correct words to complete the sentences below.
1. I will meet you ________________ this afternoon.
2. She is very happy to be back in her __________ country.
3. This document is very _________________ so please take care of it.
4. This restaurant serves the most ____________ food in this city. I believe that you will like it.
5. The beach was ___________ empty during the rainy season.