13：英検対策3級（Eiken Grade 3）
19: Eiken Grade 3 Vocabularies Lesson 19
Part 1: Vocabulary words
the people, language, or culture in Italy
■Example: Italian food is one of the most popular cuisines in the world.
2. surprise noun [ser-prahyz, suh-]
something sudden or unexpected, something done without warning or telling
■Example: The president’s statement made the people surprised.
3. afraid adjective [uh-freyd]
feeling fear, scared of a person, thing etc.
■Example: The child is not afraid of the dark.
4. steal verb [steel]
to take or get the property of another without permission
■Example: The thief stole money and jewelry from our house last night.
5. each adjective [eech]
■Example: Each member of the company needs to follow the rules.
6. complete adjective [kuhm-pleet]
having all needed or normal parts, entire
■Example: She eats a complete meal every day.
7. consist verb [v. kuhn-sist; n. kon-sist]
to be made up, to be composed of
■Example: This book consists of 350 pages.
8. convert verb [v. kuhn-vurt; n. kon-vurt]
To change something or someone into another form, use, purpose, or belief; transform
■Example: The water in the lake converts to ice during winter.
9. improve verb [im-proov]
to make a better quality or condition
■Example: Hiro studies English every day to improve his grammar and pronunciation.
10. deliver verb [dih-liv-er]
to give, to give something to the person for whom it should be given
■Example: The post man deliverers the mail every morning.
Part 2: Exercise 1
Give the word being asked for each number.
____________________1. experiencing or exhibiting joy and pleasure, happy
____________________2. one more; an additional
____________________3. located away from one's native or own country
____________________4. at some unspecified point of time; at some point in the future
____________________5. identical, similar in kind, quality, quantity, or degree.
____________________6. very good taste or smell, especially food
____________________7. the country where one was born
____________________8. almost but not quite
____________________9. having great value, influence or effect
____________________10. most important; principal
Part 2: Exercise 2
Choose the correct words to complete the sentences below.
1. I will meet you ________________ this afternoon.
2. She is very happy to be back in her __________ country.
3. This document is very _________________ so please take care of it.
4. This restaurant serves the most ____________ food in this city. I believe that you will like it.
5. The beach was ___________ empty during rainy season.