14：英検対策2級（Eiken Grade 2）
02: Eiken Grade 2 Vocabularies Lesson 2
Part 1: Vocabulary words
to divide among a number of people
■Example: I share the bedroom with my older sister.
2. spread verb [spred]
to cover a surface; to reach a wider or bigger area
■Example: The news spread all over the country through the televisions.
3. transplant verb [v. trans-plant, -plahnt]
to remove (an organ of the body) and put into another person or animal
■Example: Doctors are able to transplant my kidney to my younger brother.
4. value noun [val-yoo]
an amount, money or material worth: importance
■Example: The value of yen is starting to depreciate.
5. appreciate verb [uh-pree-shee-eyt]
to recognize the quality or importance of something or someone
■Example: She appreciated the beauty and convenience of her native country when she travelled to Africa.
6. complicate verb [v. kom-pli-keyt]
to make or become complex; to make more difficult
■Example: Don’t complicate things but make it simple.
7. connect verb [kuh-nekt]
to join or fasten together
■Example: You have to connect the pieces of a puzzle to form an image.
8. divide verb [dih-vahyd]
to separate into parts, sections, groups, or branches
■Example: The pizza is divided into eight slices.
9. estimate verb [es-tuh-mit, -meyt]
to judge size, amount, value, etc., especially roughly or without measuring
■Example: She estimated the cost of the wedding party.
10. generate verb [jen-uh-reyt]
to bring into being; to produce; to make
■Example: This machine generates electricity.
Part 2: Exercise 1
Give the word being asked for each number.
____________________1. an amount, money or material worth: importance
____________________2. to make or become complex; to make more difficult
____________________3. to separate into parts, sections, groups, or branches
____________________4. to cover a surface; to reach a wider or bigger area
____________________5. to join or fasten together
____________________6. to recognize the quality or importance of something or someone
____________________7. to divide among a number of people
____________________8. to judge size, amount, value etc., especially roughly or without measuring
____________________9. to bring into being; to produce; to make
____________________10. to remove (an organ of the body) and put it into another person or animal
Part 2: Exercise 2
Choose the correct words to complete the sentences below.
1) Our boss ________________ all our hard work; that’s why many employees like her.
2) She ___________ her lunch with her friends. She cooked a lot of food in the morning.
3) Her illness is a terminal case because the virus has already ____________ all over her body.
4) The young girl needs a heart _____________ for hers is already too weak to maintain adequate blood flow. Her parents do not have enough money for the surgery though.
5) Please _____________ the task among your team members. There are three employees that can share the task.