15：英検対策準2級（Eiken Grade Pre-2）
11: Eiken Grade Pre-2 Vocabularies Lesson 11
Part 1: Vocabulary words
something or someone that is responsible for an action or result
■Example: Smoking is one of the most common causes of death and disease.
2. continue verb [kuhn-tin-yoo]
to last or keep on, to keep doing over a period of time
■Example: Please continue reading until page 2.
3. dress verb [dres]
to put clothes on
■Example: The mother dresses the baby.
4. follow verb [fol-oh]
to come or go after; to accept an order or a command
■Example: Please follow the instructions when answering the questions.
5. graduate verb [graj-oo-eyt]
to be given an academic degree or diploma from a school or a university
■Example: She graduated from the University of California.
6. guess verb [ges]
to predict a result without enough information
■Example: Because of your voice, I would guess you are 50 years old.
7. marry verb [mar-ee]
to join in marriage, to become husband or wife
■Example: She will marry her longtime boyfriend next week.
8. protect verb [pruh-tekt]
to keep from being damaged or to keep safe
■Example: The parents protect their children from any harm.
9. search verb [surch]
to do a careful examination to find or discover something
■Example: I am searching for the title of the book on the internet.
10. set verb [set]
to put in a specific position or state; to place
■Example: She sets the book on the table.
Part 2: Exercise 1
Give the word being asked for each number.
____________________1. to predict a result without enough information
____________________2. to put in a specified position or state; to place
____________________3. to join in marriage, to become husband or wife
____________________4. to be given an academic degree or diploma from a school or university
____________________5. to last or keep on, to keep doing over a period of time
____________________6. to do a careful examination to find or discover something
____________________7. to keep from being damaged or to keep safe
____________________8. one that is responsible for an action or result
____________________9. to come or go after; to accept an order or command
____________________10. to put clothes on
Part 2: Exercise 2
Choose the correct words to complete the sentences below.
1. She ___________ from the University of Tokyo. She is working now as a professor at Osaka University.
2. The mother ______________ everywhere for her missing child.
3. The students should ______________ the rules of the school. If they do not, they will be suspended.
4. Please do not ____________ telling that horror story. I am very scared now.
5. After years of studying and hard work, she finally made up her mind and decided to ___________ her childhood boyfriend who is patiently waiting for her to settle down.